Living in Baltimore, MD during summer can be unbearably hot and humid. To keep your home or business comfortable, you need an air conditioning system that is reliable and efficient. An old or malfunctioning air conditioner will struggle to keep up with the heat while wasting energy and raising your utility bills. Knowing when it’s time for a replacement can help you stay cool without breaking the bank. Here are 6 signs it’s time for an air conditioning replacement in Baltimore, MD:
1. Age: Generally speaking, most air conditioners last between 10-15 years depending on usage and maintenance habits. If your current AC unit is reaching the end of its lifespan, it may be time to consider replacing it with a more efficient model.
2. Repairs: Frequent repairs are one of the clearest signs that your AC unit is on its way out and should be replaced. If you’ve had to call for repairs multiple times in the past year, it may be time to invest in a new model that won’t require as many repairs or cost as much in energy bills each month.
3. Uneven Cooling: Is your home unevenly cooled? If some rooms are cooler than others or if some areas are too hot despite running the air conditioner continuously, then this could signal a problem with your air conditioning system and you may need to replace it with a larger unit that can better accommodate your home’s cooling needs.
4. Increasing Energy Bills: Are your energy bills creeping up but you haven’t changed your habits? An old, inefficient air conditioning system can be a major drain on your utility bills. If you notice that your energy bills are consistently increasing without any change in usage, then it may be time to replace your unit with a more efficient model.
5. Strange Noises or Odors: Anytime you hear strange noises coming from your AC unit or smell an odd odor, this is a sign something is wrong and should be inspected immediately by an HVAC professional. In some cases, these issues may require repair, but they could also indicate that it’s time for a replacement. Air conditioning installation in Ellicott City, MD should be done by an experienced professional.
6. Poor Air Quality: If you start to notice an increase in dust, pollen, or other allergens around your home even after cleaning and vacuuming regularly, then your air conditioning system may not be filtering the air properly. This could indicate that it’s time for a new unit that is better able to filter out pollutants and provide your family with improved indoor air quality.
If any of these signs seem familiar, then it could be time for an air conditioning replacement in Baltimore, MD. Replacing an old AC unit can help you save money on energy bills while keeping your home comfortable and safe all summer long! Contact Supreme Service Today at (410) 788-1114 to learn more about our services or to know about AC maintenance cost in Baltimore, MD.