If you’re like most Baltimore, MD homeowners, then you rely on your air conditioner to keep you and your family comfortable during the summer months. But if it’s been a while since your last AC tune-up or repair service, then it may be time to consider scheduling local AC repair. Knowing the signs of an inefficient system can help you determine when it’s time to find an experienced technician for quality service. Read on for six signs that indicate it’s time to schedule local AC repair in Baltimore, MD.
1. Strange Noises: If your air conditioner is making strange noises such as grinding, squealing, buzzing, thumping, or clanking sounds, this could be a sign that something is off-balance or broken. A technician should inspect the unit to diagnose and fix any underlying issues.
2. Insufficient Cooling: One of the main signs that you need an AC repair is if your system isn’t cooling efficiently anymore. If your space is still feeling humid, warm, or stuffy after running the air conditioner for some time, it’s probably time for a professional to take a look and make sure everything is functioning properly. Air conditioning maintenance in Ellicott City, MD can help to alleviate this issue and keep your home cool and comfortable.
3. High Energy Bills: Another sign that something may be wrong with your air conditioning system is if you notice drastic changes in your energy bill from month to month. Consistently high bills can indicate that your system is not using energy as efficiently as possible, so having an experienced technician take a look could help improve your energy efficiency and reduce your bills.
4. Leaks: Condensation is normal with air conditioners, however, if you’re noticing large amounts of fluid pooling around the unit or dripping from it then this could be an indication that there’s a problem somewhere within the system. It’s important to schedule AC service near Baltimore, MD to inspect the unit as soon as possible so that any potential issues can be addressed promptly.
5. Musty Smells: Not only will musty smells indicate that something may be wrong with your AC, but they can also pose health risks for those in the home due to mold or mildew growing inside the unit. If you start to notice an unpleasant odor coming from your air conditioner, it’s time to schedule a service call with an experienced technician for AC repair in Baltimore, MD.
Contact Supreme Service Today at (410) 788-1114 to learn more about our services or to get a free quote.