Air conditioners are an essential part of your home’s comfort system. To keep them running smoothly for years to come, it’s important to follow a few do’s and don’ts. Here are some maintenance tips that will help you get the most out of your air conditioner and ensure that it continues performing at its best. Professional air conditioner maintenance service in Baltimore, MD is also recommended.
1. Keep filters clean. Clogged or dirty filters can reduce airflow through the unit, causing it to work harder and use more energy than necessary. Change or clean filters regularly according to manufacturer instructions.
2. Maintain condenser coils and evaporator coils. Regularly check these components for dirt or debris build-up, and hose if necessary.
3. Schedule regular maintenance. Professional tune-ups can help identify issues before they become more serious problems, and prolong the life of your air conditioner. When you schedule air conditioner maintenance service in Ellicott City, MD, the technician will also evaluate your system and let you know if any parts need to be replaced.
1. Don’t cover the unit or block airflow. Air conditioners need adequate ventilation to work properly, so make sure there are no shrubs, furniture, weeds, etc., blocking any of the vents or coils on or around the outside unit.
2. Don’t touch any electrical components like wiring or capacitors without professional help from a licensed electrician or technician.
3. Avoid using harsh chemicals when cleaning any part of the system as these can damage internal components and cause corrosion.
By following these simple do’s and don’ts of air conditioner maintenance, you can extend the life of your system and keep it running efficiently for years to come. If you need help with any repairs or maintenance, be sure to contact a professional technician in your area. Contact Supreme Service Today at (410) 788-1114 to learn more about our services or to schedule an AC repair service in Ellicott City, MD.